The massive Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, is a sandstone rock formation in central Australia. Officially located in the Northern Territory, Uluru is an inselberg (literally “island mountain”) which is a leftover section of a mountain range after erosion has removed the original mountain range. The formation is home to ancient wall paintings, springs, and caves. Uluru stands 348 meters (1,142 ft) tall. It is popular with photographers during sunset when it appears to glow red. Many visitors opt to enjoy a steep hour-long climb to the top of Uluru. Uluru is located inside the Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park and visitors must pay a $25 fee to enter the area. There is a nearby airport for those interested in a short and easy visit to Uluru. Visitors wishing to stay longer can find accommodation in the nearby town of Alice Springs
June 7, 2010
#20 – Uluru (Ayers Rock), Alice Springs, Australia
This entry was posted on Monday, June 7th, 2010 at 4:36 am and posted in Nature, Travel. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
People have witnessed our awesomeness
- 34,763 times...
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- I’m writing for the first time in a while by making mixtapes for... November 21, 2015
- HAWK RAWK 2015: Cameron Deuel Write-In September 12, 2015
- themusicwriterscollective: MWC Talks, Ep. 3: Beach House For... August 28, 2015
- Boba without the plastic straws? LAist looks at... February 18, 2019
- Good Ship IKEA by Mother London is a life sized... February 18, 2019
- Stokke Flexi Bath - interesting design for a... February 18, 2019
- Inside North Korea's Fake Sneaker Production Industry February 18, 2019
- Audi Vehicles Will Have Technology to Help Drivers Avoid Red Lights February 18, 2019
- Wales Bonner Looks Into Black Spirituality for Fall/Winter 2019 Collection February 18, 2019
Random Street Art.
- amazing stop motion by Daniel Larsson and Tomas Redigh
- Beyond Black Mesa.
- Amazing ‘Bubble’ Photography.
- BBC One: ‘Human Planet’
- Intel: “The Chase”
- Epic Jurassic Park Theme Remix by Birdfeeder.
- Paper Rad – P UNIT
- Baume & Mercier Capeland Flyback Chronograph.
- A Brief History of Conspicuous Product Placement in Movies.
- Visual Life, The Sartorialist.
- 7 Billion, National Geographic Magazine.
- UNDERCITY by Andrew Wonder
- Hang Son Doong – Vietnam.
- She’s Got The Look!
- 2010 Filmography.
- Peter Gray x Masa Honda.
- Linda Evangelista by Mario Testino.
- BMW Bike vs. BMW Bobsled.
- Chasing Wolves by Harper Smith.
- Angela Lindvall by Camilla Akrans.
- Every Photographer in New York.
- Dogs Filmed at 1000 Frames per Second.
- Howl – Brothers In Violence.
- CURT@!N$ feat N.E.R.D – God Bless Us All
- Mr. Jones “The Last Laugh” Watch.
- Rekiem Skateboarding: How to Make a Board.
- Natalia Vodianova by Michelangelo di Battista.
- Autumn in Yosemite National Park.
- New Favourite Photographer: Mario Testino.
- The Mill Visual Effects Studio Showreel 2010.
- Painting’s by Chloe Early.
- Dree Hemingway by Richard Burbridge.
- Ora Pro Nobis by Giovanni Squatriti.
- Rihanna by Camilla Åkrans.
- For christmas please!
- Letter from the Editor.
- The Prodigy – 99 Problems Remix.
- Earth as Art: Stunning Images From Space
- DJ LEXICON – dirtyfaces.
- Chromeo – Hot Mess!